CPCS stands for the Construction Plant Competence Scheme- a card scheme designed to prove the skills of plant operatives.
It is the most widely recognised as the preferred card to comply with codes of practice for competence and certification. It is required to operate on most types of plant on UK Contractors Group (UKCG) sites throughout the UK.
There are 2 different CPCS Cards
- Red Trained Operator Card
- Blue Competent Operator Card
The CPCS Red Trained Operator Card is issued on successful completion of the CPCS Theory and Practical Technical Tests which must be taken with a CPCS accredited test centre.
You must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test within the 2 years before taking the CPCS technical tests.
The Blue Competent Operator Card has a five-year life and is renewable. It confirms you have demonstrated a level of health, safety and environment awareness through the CITB health, safety and environment test. It shows underpinning knowledge through a CPCS theory test, operating ability through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant evidenced by a VQ. (NVQ)
Contact us for the categories you require.
Courses we offer
- Forward Tipping Dumper
- Telescopic Handler All Sizes Inc 360 slew and Suspended Loads
- M.E.W.P Boom – Self Propelled
- Lorry – Hook
- Lorry Loader – Clamshell Bucket
- Slinger Signaller All Types – All Duties
- Dump Truck – Articulated Chassis – All Sizes
- 360 Above and Below 10t Tracked Inc Lifting Ops
- Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane up to 36m/100m per ton
- Rough Terrain Forklift/Masted Truck
- Industrial forklift truck
- Skid Steer Loader
- M.E.W.P Scissor
- Ride on Roller
- Plant and Vehicle Marshaller